DARK LIP NEUTRALIZATION
Lip Neutralization/ dark lip correction is a lip blushing tattoo technique on dark lips. The first step is to neutralize cool tones and lift the darkness of lips with the help of warm-based pigment. But dark lip neutralization, especially ethnic lips, usually requires more 3+ sessions to achieve satisfying results. After the lips are neutralized and healed, a target colour can be added if you want it.
Lip Neutralization Benefits:
- Neutralizing dark/cool tones of the lips.
- 24/7 smudge proof natural colour
- Adds symmetry and definition to overall lip shape.
Dark lip neutralization consist of a minimum 2 to 4 treatments, each session is about 2 1/2 hrs long (includes consultation, anaesthetics, drawing the design and the procedure).
Every treatment has to be 6 weeks in between.
Dark lip neutralization semi permanent tattoo last about 2 years.
Pain level: topical anaesthetics used during the procedure to minimize pain, some swelling to be expected.
DARK LIP NEUTRALIZATION
PRE & AFTER CARE
Prior your appointment:
- MOIST your lips for one week prior to the procedure for better results.
- If you are prone to COLD SORES, simplex breakouts use Zorivax for 5 days prior and 5 days after the treatment.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before your appointment.
- No painkillers such as Aspirin, panadol.. before the appointment.
- If you are sick, please try to postpone the appt.
- If you bruise or bleed readily, or use Fish Oil, Ginger, Garlic, Ginseng is recommended that you start taking Arnica tablets 3-5 days prior your appt.
- Fill out our Medical Checklist Form to see if you are candidate for Dark Lips Neutralization.
Immediately after a Lip Blush Micropigmentation procedure the area treated will look about 50% darker than the final results. This is temporary; the colour will lighten and soften over 14 days. It is normal for the area to feel slightly tender or dry. Expect the lip to be slightly tender 1-3 days. Swelling is minimal and with most people it will subside within 24 hours.
- Cold pads can be applied to minimise swelling.
- Do not use any lipsticks for 14 days
- Avoid swimming pools, the beach, steam rooms and saunas during the healing process (14 days) Steam will open pores and may make the colour bleed out.
- Apply vitamin E Oil every two hours
- Bath or shower as normal — NO SOAP or CLEANSERS on the treated area for one day.
- Keep your hands away from your lips to prevent the possibility of infection.
- If you are prone to cold sores – apply cold sore cream for 7 days. We recommend that in addition take cold sore preventive supplements as an additional precaution.
- Do not receive, electrolysis or laser hair removal close to the lip blush area